Sunday, November 15, 2009

The watching of Julia finally!

well I finally saw Julia! It took forever because there was a hick-up with Netflix for a while and no rental place had it. But here are my thoughts. I give it a....7 out of ten. It was a story about friendship during WWII and to be honest I couldn't quite grasp the idea behind what I was supposed to take from the movie. My mother who watched it with me said she thought it was just a depiction of how awful times were during WWII with the added fact of how far true friends will go for each other. Jane Fonda was the main character in this and she did a wonderful job. I understand that Oscar nod for sure. Meryl's role was ever so tiny which was weird because she generally is a principal role in her films. She looks so young and beautiful playing a high society snoody type character that even though not on screen more then twice, has a pivotal role to the plot. She represents the reason for Jane Fonda and her best friend hating the arrogant ignorance of the upper-class. She sported an accent as well that threw me off at first. I think for her first film she held her own very well but I have to admit, there was a difference in her experience and perhaps confidence with herself in this film vs some of her later ones. Next up is Deer Hunter. My In-laws own it so I'm gonna borrow it from them. Then it's a television Mini-series called Holocaust which I'm really excited for because this supposedly got her on the map. Well my husband is snoring and I should really try to sleep after I plug his nose to get him to stop snoring and then pretend I'm asleep. Wish me luck.

Jaclyn Lassetter

No comments:

Post a Comment